Curious about our cannabis HPLC?
Award-winning, simple-to-use HPLC suitable for those without prior laboratory experience or science background, as well as professionals & commercial labs alike.
No PhD? No problem! We teach you everything.
HPLC = high performance liquid chromatography
- convenience – do in-house analyses
- analyze plant, extracts, edibles, beverages
- test 13 major cannabinoids and more…
- easy to follow instructions
- reliable performance
- long-term use
- accurate results
- compact size (18x9x10.5 inch)
- optimized for cost at $5 ~ $10/test
Total THC, Total CBD, Total CBG, d9-THC, d8-THC, THCa, THCV, THCVa, CBD, CBDa, CBDV, CBG, CBGa, CBC, CBN, CBL
- Reciprocating Pump
- UV/VIS Detector
- Rheodyne 7725i Injector
- Temperature-controlled Column Compartment
- CTI HPLC Software
- Software available both as local and cloud-hosted version
- Flow Rate 0.001 – 5mL/min
- Max Pressure 6,300 psi
- Flow Accuracy ≤±1%
- Flow Precision RSD <0.1%
- Qualitative Repeatability
- RSD ≤0.2% (Naphthalene/Methanol standards)
- Quantitative Repeatability RSD ≤0.5% (Naphthalene/Methanol standards)
- Wavelength Range 180 – 680nm
- Spectrum Bandwidth 8nm
- Wavelength Accuracy ±1nm
- Wavelength Precision Below 0.1nm
- Noise ≤0.25X10-5AU
HPLC Column Specifications
- Column Type C18, SS body
- Dimensions 150×4.6mm
- Packing 5μm particles
- Guard Column C18
Included in the HPLC Package:
Everything you need to use it without having to do any development work. All quality control measures and sample management included.
- HPLC with temperature-controlled column compartment
- 150mm C18 column with included guard column holder and cartridge
- Accessories for installation and maintenance
- Intuitive HPLC software
- Peak Auto Detection
- Proven, tested, and validated test methods
- Calibration curves
- Quality control and Calibration Validation log
- Sample receiving log
- Customer log
- Maintenance log
- Sample Preparation Protocols – tested and validated for various sample types
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Customizable Reporting System (Managed in MS Excel)
- Easy-to-follow Instructions
- Technical Support
Optional Starter Kit contains everything you need to get going right away. There are 29 items in the starter kit (major items listed below).
- Commercial calibration standards – d9-THC, CBD, Benzoic Acid Certified HPLC Calibration Standards, Standard containing 12 cannabinoids.
- 1L HPLC buffer
- 1L HPLC grade Methanol
- 1L HPLC grade Acetonitrile
- 1L HPLC grade Water
- 3x100mL HPLC mobile phase bottle
- 1x500mL HPLC mobile phase bottle
- 100uL Hamilton microsyringe
- 2.5mL Hamilton microsyringe
- 2x5mL calibrated volumetric pipette
- 15mL calibrated volumetric pipette
- 20mL calibrated volumetric pipette
- 100mL calibrated volumetric flask
- 100×1.8mL autosampler vials with PTFE/silicone cap
- 100x16mL glass vial for extraction
- Precision digital analytical scale (0.1 mg accuracy)
- Nitrile gloves, labels
We take accuracy of our instruments, validation of test methods, and sampling protocols extremely seriously. With our instrument, you will be operating like a certified professional lab. In fact, you can see a comparison of our results to other ca. 140 labs in North America in a quality control comparison study here.
NRC Hemp – Certified Reference Material Study
|Measured Cannabinoids||CTInstruments HPLC||Mean value of 140 labs across North America||National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST)|
Detection limit of most cannabinoids is 0.03ug/mL (30ppb, 0.000003%)
Lower Limit of Quantification (LLOQ)
The lower limit of quantification (LLOQ) is the lowest amount of a cannabinoid in a sample that can be quantitatively determined with suitable precision and accuracy using the corresponding method and dilution rates. All values below this threshold are reported as NR – None Reported.
|Compound||Plant LLOQ (%,w/w)||High % Concentrate LLOQ (%,w/w)|
Reproducibility of results
Below are results of measuring a typical hemp sample, followed by an image of stacked 3 consecutive measurements. There are two observations from this measurement:
- The retention times are consistent and repeatable, giving the confidence in the ability to correctly identify the correct cannabinoids.
- The measured concentrations are very repeatable as indicated by height/area of each peak. The calculated relative standard deviation (RSD) in this case ranges from 1.19% to 1.70%, while for cannabinoids with very low concentrations manifested as very small peaks (in this sample CBN, d9-THC, and d9-THCA) the calculated RSD ranges from 4.62% to 5.63%. In case of need to further refine the latter 3 compounds and improve both accuracy and RSD, the sample would simply be less diluted resulting in higher peaks for these 3 compounds.
Comparison of Cannabis HPLC Analyzers
|CTInstruments HPLC||Shimadzu Cannabis Potency Analyzer||Agilent 1220 Infinity II LC System|
|# of cannabinoids||13||11||11|
|# of terpenes||28||none||none|
|Type of sample tested||any||any||any|
|# of samples per 8 hours||36||48||48|
|Ease of use||beginner||advanced user||advanced user|
|Type of instrument||commercial||commercial||commercial|
|Cannabis industry expertise||excellent||excellent||excellent|
We try to expand the financing options to help our customers acquire the instrument.
- Direct purchase – contact us to get a quote. We accept cryptocurrency transactions.
- Financing – we partner with financing firms in cannabis industry to help our customers acquire the instrument. Typical terms are $350 to $500/month. Learn more here.
- Rental – contact us for rental terms.
Contact us to get a quote or with any questions.
Call or Text: +1 (941) 467-8386
WhatsApp: +1 (941) 467-8386